University of Northwestern Ohio

Frequently Asked Questions

I am a new student and I am not scheduled:

College of Applied Technologies students: Have you paid your tuition or do you have your financial aid in place? If not, you may want to contact the Financial Aid or Cashier's office to make payment arrangements. Once payment is in place, your first schedule is designed for you.

College of Applied Technologies - students are automatically scheduled their first term and should receive their schedule approximately 2 weeks before the term starts as long as you are paid ahead $1,300. Please see Financial Aid or Cashier's office about tuition.

Colleges of Business, Health Professions, and Occupational Professions - students are scheduled their first term either at orientation or by notifying the registrar of their plan to attend the upcoming quarter.

I would like credit for my ACT/SAT scores.

Students from all colleges may submit valid ACT or SAT scores for placement into college-level courses (MH-065 Review Math and/or EN-070 Basic English). Student scoring 18 or higher on the ACT English or Math test OR SAT test scores of 26 or higher in Writing and Language or 24.5 or higher in Math are not required to take tests for placement in college-level courses. These scores must be submitted within your first two sessions or first quarter.

Official HS transcripts or a copy of your scores can be sent to the Registrar's office for processing.

I want to drop a course.

Colleges of Business, Health Professions, and Occupational Professions - fill out a Drop Course Form at the Registrar's Office or send an email to from your UNOH email account.

This cannot be done via voicemail or on the phone.

College of Applied Technologies - if a student wants to drop a course and it is their only course, they must see the Registrars office to process a Withdrawal Form. Withdrawing can be done by emailing


I am not returning next term, I am leaving campus, or I need to withdraw.

Students should see the Registrars Office in the 200 building or email to begin the withdrawal processes. Should you leave campus, everything can be done through the UNOH email system. 

Charges will be assigned based on their date of notification to the Registrars Office. Please see the catalog for the tuition refund policy. Students will return under new curriculum, should they choose to return.

Dropping courses after a term starts may incur charges. See the course drop and withdrawal policies for details.


I would like to confirm that I am graduating.

College of Applied Technologies students should see College of Applied Technologies Registrar for confirmation.

Colleges of Business, Health Professions, and Occupational Professions students should submit a request for graduation 3 quarters before they plan to graduate. They will receive a letter detailing the credits that they need for completion based on the student's plan.


I would like doubles next term in the College of Applied Technologies.

Students should submit a doubles request by emailing by Monday of the fifth week of the session in order to be placed in the list based on graduation date.

Students must have completed two terms and have an accumulative gpa of 3.0 to be considered for doubles. If they do not have a 3.0, they must see the Dean for an exception. Doubles cannot be guaranteed. Requests will be honored based on course availability and student's proximity to graduation.


I want to request a course not required in my program in the College of Applied Technologies.

Students must be willing to pay for any course outside of their major 100% out-of-pocket, because their financial aid money will no longer apply to the cost of a course outside of a student's major.

Students must also receive approval from a Dean in the College of Applied Technologies, located in the 300 or 600 building.

Any specific course requests must be made by the end of the second week of the session by emailing the request to A specific course should be requested for one of the following reasons: medical or military, academic or job-related reason. 

I want to update my contact information (i.e. address, phone number, etc.)

Students must request this change in writing with a signature or submit an email from their UNOH student email account. Address change forms are also available in the Registrar's office or on

I want to change my name.

Please complete the name change application and return with one of the following documents: a signed copy of your social security card or a copy of a state issued ID or drivers license. Name Change Form.

Registrar Contact

1441 N. Cable Rd.
Lima, Ohio 45805
Attn: Registrar's Office

The best way to contact the Registrar's office is by emailing The advisor email box is monitored by all staff members and prevents delayed answers when a staff member is not able to check their individual email inbox.


Traci Wells, Director of Registration

Yvonne Shaffer, College of Applied Technologies Registrar


Mary Kay Musyt, College of Business, Occupational Professions and Health Professions Registrar