University of Northwestern Ohio

Types of Aid Available


Federal Pell Grant

The Federal Pell Grant can provide financial support to students who have the highest financial need. Students can apply for the Federal Pell Grant by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid Form (FAFSA). You can complete this form online. A student must be an undergraduate to receive a Federal Pell Grant. The regulations define an undergraduate as one who is enrolled in an undergraduate course of study and who has not earned a baccalaureate degree. Federal Pell Grants are prorated based on a student's enrollment status and expected federal contribution. These funds are available for up to 18 quarters of attendance.

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)

The Federal SEOG is another aid source for students with high need. Students must be Pell Grant eligible to be considered for this grant. Students can apply for the FSEOG grant by completing the FAFSA. The funds are provided to the University and are then awarded by the Financial Aid Office. There is no separate application for the program.

Ohio College Opportunity Grant (OCOG)

The Ohio College Opportunity Grant is a state-funded grant available to eligible Ohio residents who complete the FAFSA prior to October 1 each year and demonstrate financial need with an EFC of 2190 or less. The grant is to be applied to tuition and general fees only. Students must be enrolled in an associate or baccalaureate degree program to receive the Ohio College Opportunity Grant. Students can apply by completing the FAFSA form. The application deadline is the last Friday in September of the award year. These funds are available for up to 15 quarters of attendance.