Army students wishing to take classes with the University of Northwestern Ohio and use Tuition Assistance (TA) must now go through the new GoArmyEd portal. The Army may not pay for classes when a student does not go through GoArmyEd.
Army students not using TA should still go through the portal, as it is linked to their education record and keeps it up-to-date.
GoArmyEd is used by:
- soldiers to pursue their postsecondary educational goals
- army education counselors to provide educational guidance
- colleges to deliver degree and course offerings and to report soldier progress
GoArmyEd enables soldiers to view information in their student record anytime and anywhere.
Soldiers access GoArmyEd to:
- request TA and register for college classes 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- research and select schools and degree plans, class costs, and admission requirements
- access online advising tools that help them select college classes that advance them toward their degree
- complete an electronic TA Statement of Understanding (SOU) each term and return a signed, paper TA SOU to an Army education counselor annually
- cancel TA requests if they want to drop a class before the class starts.
- withdraw from classes that have already started
- access an electronic version of their student record
- view class grades that their school has posted directly to their student record