The University of Northwestern Ohio Graphic Designer/Photographer is responsible for stewarding the university’s look and brand on all print materials. This position reports to the Vice-President of Marketing and Public Relations, but also works directly with other individuals within the organization. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate high levels of creativity and skill in graphic design and photography.
• Develop Concepts for and design all UNOH collateral materials, including viewbooks, catalogs, ads (newspaper, magazine, and social media), logos, programs, banners, fliers, invitations, and all other items developed by the university
• Visually convey particular messages, ideas, and concepts for the different colleges, programs, organizations, and departments within UNOH.
• Work with Director of Web Development by providing all still images and logos needed for website
• Manage and maintain graphic files, including UNOH logos, photos, and art, as well as sponsor logos and photos
• Assist Marketing team with brainstorming, marketing, and advertising strategies
• Design for Limaland Motorsports Park and Ohio State Beauty Academy
• Take all photographs necessary for UNOH or related businesses
• Maintain collateral archives
• Market research and explore new ways to engage and identify new concepts and ideas to reach the target markets. Find answers about consumer requirements, habits, and trends
• Participate in University Committees as assigned (i.e. Student Involvement, Graduation, Student Ambassadors)
• Other duties as assigned
• Minimum two years’ experience in graphic design
• Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in graphic design, communications, or related field or equivalent experience
• Mac and/or PC knowledge, good working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite such as: Photoshop, InDesign, and Lightroom, as well as non-linear video editing software and have experience with Microsoft Office
• Proficient in Photography (portrait and lifestyle) as well as Videography for social media purposes
• Organized and detail-oriented
• Ability to handle multiple projects at once
• Ability to meet tight deadlines
• General marketing experience
• Writing and editing skills
• Position is full-time
• Office hours are Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. (30-minute lunch break)
• Travel, weekend, and evening hours mandatory as assigned
To apply for the Graphic Designer/Photographer position, submit a resume, contact information for three references, and a cover letter explaining interest in the position. Additionally, each applicant must provide a portfolio either as a pdf or a link to an online version. The portfolio must contain examples of graphic design work, as well as photographic shots that include a portrait, feature shot, and digitally altered images. Interested applicants should apply immediately.
University of Northwestern Ohio
Attn: Stephanie Malloy, VP of Marketing and Public Relations
1441 N Cable Rd
Lima, OH 45805
No telephone calls, please.
If you are interested in this position, please e-mail your resume to