University of Northwestern Ohio

Student Consumer Information

The University of Northwestern Ohio complies with the disclosure requirements under the Higher Education Act of 1965 (HEA), as amended by the Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008 (HEOA). Below is a list of the disclosure requirements and links to pages that either contain the information or inform interested parties where to find the information.

Student Achievement

Financial Aid and Tuition Information

Loan Assistance Available from Federal, State, Local, and Institutional Programs

General University Information

Instructional Facilities


Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)


The University of Northwestern Ohio attempts to resolve all student concerns and has both informal and formal processes for students to follow.


Students are advised to talk with their instructors if they are having concerns with a class or with a grade.  If the concern is with the instructor, students should contact the Dean or Director of their college.  Students may appeal (in writing) the decision made by the Dean or Director to the Vice President for Academic Affairs/Provost.

Dean, Colleges of Business, Occupational Professions, & Health Professions – Tim Fitzpatrick – 419-998-8416

Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs (online programs) – Lisa Clark – 419-998-8875

Dean, College of Applied Technologies – Kevin Meager – 419-998-3135

Interim Dean, College of Applied Technologies – Bob Marshal – 419-998-8891

The formal Grade Appeal Process is located in the University Catalog.


Students who have concerns that are not classroom or grade related are encouraged to discuss their concerns with the appropriate department head.  If students are unsure of the appropriate department head, they may contact any office manager for guidance.

Once all possible avenues for resolution have been exhausted, University of Northwestern Ohio students who are residents of the State of Ohio or are attending classes in Ohio may wish to contact the Ohio Department of Higher Education to file a formal complaint.  Students who are not attending classes in Ohio may be able to file a complaint with their state of residence by going to the following link to find contact information for their state: