Filing Tips for 2014-2015
How to Apply Links:
Time Sensitive Notes from the Director
Important Information for "Renewal" FAFSA Filers
When to Apply Links:
College Financial Aid Time Line for Students and Parents 2015-2016
Filing Tips for 2015-2016
- Prior to completing any application, thoroughly
review all instructions.
- When completing the FAFSA on-line double-check
all entries for accuracy and be sure to print the
- Be sure to answer all questions as directed.
- Use source documents whenever referenced on the
- Include correct school code - UNOH = 004861.
- Be sure to submit and sign all requested forms.
- Be prepared to submit supporting documentation
for all information reported by student and/or parents.
- Request an IRS Federal Income Tax Transcript for both students and parents by calling 1-800-908-9946 or order online at www.irs.gov/transcript
- Request your high school counselor to submit a copy of your final high school transcript as soon as it is available.
- Respond immediately to requests for additional documentation. No need-based aid can be credited until the student's file is complete. (This includes Federal Pell Grant; Federal SEOG Grant; Ohio College Opportunity Grant, PHEAA Grant; Vermont Grant, Rhode Island Grant, Maine Grant & Federal Direct Student Loan).
- Maintain a file of all materials received from Aid Office or other processing agencies. Keep duplicates of all materials sent to the Aid Office or other processing agencies.
- Apply for all different types of aid if there is
potential for eligibility.
||Parent's Place of Employment
||Chamber of Commerce
||Library for others
- Notify Aid Office immediately and in writing regarding any changes in data reported previously - including changes of address.
- Contact Aid Office, high school counselor, or processing agency with questions - don't guess or assume. Be sure to explain any unusual circumstances directly to the Financial Aid Office
- Apply early - most aid is handled on a first-come,