Request more information about this program or apply online today!
The field of Accounting is exciting and demanding as a professional career. The curriculum prepares students in the areas of preparation of financial reports, statements, cost procedures, audits, and finance for business firms.
Due to corporate scandal and government legislation, such as the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, the demand for accountants is at an all-time high. Every business in America must be ever-vigilant in terms of accounting and CPAs are now business advisors for every organization, which is why both large and small companies are experiencing an accounting job boom. The University of Northwestern Ohio offers both associate and baccalaureate degrees in Accounting to prepare students for careers in this growing field.
Forensic Accountants are in high demand by the various government agencies form local to federal. With a Forensic accounting degree you are prepared to sit for a certified fraud examiners test which opens the door to employment with the government, CPA firms, and the opportunity to start your own consulting business.
Why choose the University of Northwestern Ohio to receive your accounting degree?
- You can transfer an associate's degree from other regionally accredited institutions
- You will be taught by experienced business professionals in the accounting field, who are committed to providing a quality education with the focus on each student as an individual
- We offer entry-level accounting courses during the first quarter of enrollment
- We are constantly assessing and developing new accounting programs to prepare students for a variety of accounting careers and certifications
- Through an innovative mix of instruction, applied skills development and personal attention, you'll be challenged to think, develop communication abilities, and apply technology in efficient ways
Upon graduating with an accounting degree, you will find that our innovative programs will have prepared you for these rewarding careers:
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Payroll Accountant
- Certified Fraud Accountant
- Certified Internal Auditor
- Certified Management Accountant
- Certified Financial Accountant
- Plant Controller
- Financial Analyst